BioInfo (UK)

Atherton, I., Bosanquet, S. & Lawley, M. (eds), 2010

British Mosses and Liverworts - a field guide

A beautifully illustrated field guide to bryophytes. Enables identification of all those species which can be named without recourse to a microscope; the remainder are presented as aggregates.

Online version available through the BBS website.

Publisher British Bryological Society (BBS)
Pages 848
Web site http://rbg-web2.rbge.org.uk/bbs/Activities/BBSFGspac.htm
Coverage Fully illustrates and describes the c. 75% of the British species which can be recognised in the field, with brief notes on the remaining 25% requiring a microscope.
Illustrations Colour photographs.
Identify In the field (also useful to examine with x15 or x20 hand lens).

Malcolm Storey

Taxonomic Scope

BRYOPHYTA (mosses and Liverworts) Identification Current
Creative Commons Licence
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all original material on the BioInfo website by Malcolm Storey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales Licence.